Animal Control Officer – Lilian Pinto
The services provided by Peabody Animal Control include: handling stray dogs, neighborhood nuisance complaints, quarantines, and injured animals.
If your pet is lost, it is recommended that you provide a description to your local Animal Control Officer, Police Department, and local veterinarians.
*If you have found a stray animal, please report it immediately to the Animal Control Officer, or the Peabody Police. It is illegal to fail to report a stray animal and keep it, as per Mass State Law—Chapter 272, Section 85A.
All dogs must be licensed, and vaccinated against rabies, within six months of age and yearly thereafter through the City Clerks Office. 978-538-5756.
- A list of our Animal Control Code of Ordinances can be found under the “Resources” tab.
- Peabody Animal Control does not accept unwanted or surrendered pets. Please contact one of following for further assistance: Northeast Animal Shelter–978-745-9888, MSPCA–800-628-5808, Animal Rescue League–617-426-9170.
- Please call the Peabody Health Department for questions regarding rabies, livestock complaints, and livestock permits. 978-835-5926.
- Please call the Department of Public Works to report deceased animals on public ways. 978-538-6300. Please note: the disposal of deceased animals on private property is the responsibility of the property owner.
- Our animal control officer DOES NOT remove unwanted/nuisance wildlife such as raccoons, deer, turkeys, or coyotes etc.
- If you have any questions regarding local wildlife and how to peacefully co-exist with them, please contact Mass Wildlife
Animal Control Department Hours (hours are subject to change)
Monday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm